Monday, September 27, 2010

And it begins!


So today is the first day of my Challenge! The first item I'm remixing is this tank top. I bought it AGES ago when I decided I wanted to girly-up my image. I used to skateboard a bit in high school and my style really reflected that - baggy jeans, tees with clever sayings, skate shoes - but about half way through college, and long after I'd given up my board, I decided I wanted to branch out and give the feminine thing a try. It was still a long time before I became partial to skirts, but this dressy tank was a good starting point. It's a black silky material and has gold and silver big embroidered flowers all over it. (I now wish I had a better picture, but perhaps I'll update this post later.)
It's been unworn for the LONGEST time because while I still like looking feminine, I hated the cut. It always showed way too much boobage and has a bubble hem... which kinda makes me look chubs. So to remix & remedy I added another tank underneath and tucked it into a high waisted skirt to get rid of the bubbling.

cardigan - Zara (summer 2010)
tank - Dynamite (2005)
pencil skirt - Smart Set (summer 2010)
mary janes - (spring 2010)
lariat - Dynamite (summer 2010)

8 comments:

  1. I love your remix idea! Last time I cleaned out my closet before a big move I realized how much was tucked in the backs of drawers and the corners of my closet that I forgot about. Really, really clever way to clean out your closet while re-energizing your wardrobe.

    Also, I just realized I need a mustard cardigan thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color of the cardigan and I LOVE the shape of that skirt! I have a tank similar to yours that also never gets worn-- I may try to style it soon! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaay congrats on the first day of the challenge. Very cute outfit. I have to say - those MJ's are sooo awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have a tank with a bubble hem...and I ran into the same problem...I figured out that if I belted it it worked great tho! Here's an example http://required2beinspired.blogspot.com/2010/07/perfect-present.html
    I really like how you tucked in the cardi..I always forget about that option!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the result is quite darling. I have a dress with a bubble hem and I always feel like it adds weight to me and avoid it but I loved it so much at the store...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, that is awesome how you tuck that cardi in!

    xox,

    ML

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this look and this challenge ! I need to do this as well, I have many forgotten clothes that have been found during my move.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great challenge to bring inspiration back into action.
    I think its neat how you tucked in the cardigan, I don't think I had seen that one before.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel free to leave comments in English, Spanish, French or Italian :)