Last weekend, while I was packing to head out of town for the long weekend, my walk-in closet collapsed on my head.
While no bodies or shoes were injured, it left me pretty upset - who knew I had so many clothes that the weight of them would cause such a disaster?
my poor closet half-way through the clean out. Notice the bar on the floor? :(
So after reinforcing the structure of the closet, I thought it was time to purge & reorganize.
While it looks like a jumble, I assure you, it's organized!
- I folded all my sweaters, pants, and tank tops, and put them on the top shelf. I divided them up with very inexpensive shelf dividers from Storage Solutions.
- All my large bags were also put on the top shelf, and the same dividers were used to make them stand upright.
- Tall boots also made their way to the top shelf, and rolled up magazines were used to help them keep their shape.
- Belts, scarves (which used to be shoved in a drawer!), and smaller bags, are now all hanging where I can see them for easy access. I was so surprised how many different types of hangers you can get, and all for only a few bucks!
- The left side hold all my tops, coats, and layering pieces organized by type and weight. I'm not the type of person who has a "summer" and "winter" wardrobe to swap out... although maybe I should be?
- The right side holds dresses and skirts. I'm sure I'll be sharing this space with the bf soon, so I need an alternate solution, or to downsize more..... hmmm....
- My pride and joy! Haha, I love my shoe collection, and I love that it's all on display now. all together, these four shelves cost me $20 at Home Depot. They were super easy to put up too!
- I know I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this one - but all my flats are now in a convenient basket. I can grab and go, and not worry about them taking up ridiculous amounts of space.
I couldn't resist showcasing a close-up of my babies :)
So tell me, how do you keep your closet organized?