Monday, September 13, 2010

A Lazy Weekend & Tryign to Remain Accountable!


So no Montreal this past weekend. :( The boy had to work on Saturday so we decided to reschedule it to the following weekend, so at least it wasn't cancelled completely! Instead we spent a very lazy weekend at home playing video games, watching movies, and ordering in a pizza.


cardigan - Jacob (gift - xmas 2006)
tee - Smart Set (summer 2010)
black skinnies - GAP (this past weekend! see below!)
wedges - Aldo (gift - bday 2010)

I've come across a way to help me remain accountable to my spending. The questions are ones I should be asking myself every week, so I was pretty thrilled to find it. Questions 1-4 are the same every week, #5 is one created by the check-up's original author, and #6 is one I added for myself. So without further ado:

Weekly Money Check Up via My Pretty Pennies

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on: Pizza for the family ($50), but clothing-wise, super skinny black pants from Gap ($45).

2. Today I feel cheap towards money: i feel broke even though I'm not.... but I know I'll spend a lot next weekend so I'm trying to save!

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was accompany my mother saturday afternoon while she looked for new coffee and end tables. We didn't find anything, but parental bonding is always good times.

4. I will consider this week a success if I don't spend any money frivolously until my potential Montreal trip on the weekend.

5. One of my most memorable birthdays was when I turned 21 which I thought would be uneventful, but my good friends surprised me with 21 cupcakes made into a colorful caterpillar and my best friend who was supposed to be out of town came in unexpectedly to join us for the festivities.

6. Other frivolous spending this week consisted of: 3 tubes of DuWop lipstick on clearance for $5 a piece.

7 comments:

  1. Those shoes are amazing...I demand a close-up!! Sometime's I'm glad that I don't live in a place where there's lots of shopping...otherwise I would definatly overspend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedges are perfect. A non-sandal pair of wedges are number one on my wish list right now. Your weekend sounds like it was pretty perfect to me but Montreal will be a nice getaway!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Simple outfit! Yes those Wedges are gorgeous. and the one's on the Previos Post $13 BARGAIN :)
    My Miu Miu Inspired Mary Jane's cost me $26 at Forever21 Mary Jane Chunky Pumps =)
    x Ari
    Fashions Not A Luxury

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also just bought skinny black pants, but they are a pair of minnies from J. Crew.

    I'm constantly asking myself about my budget. I"m pretty thrifty; I can talk myself out of buying just about anything. My husband on the other hand is a spender! We even each other out pretty well.. but I do like those questions you're asking yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look. The sweater and heels, simply perfect. Thanks again for the add and comment!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel free to leave comments in English, Spanish, French or Italian :)