Either way I'm thankful it's Friday. While I'm glad I've been busy, I could definitely use a break and a sleep-in.
Also! I've taken your advice, and next week will be my "Loved & Forgotten Challenge!" I'll be styling outfits around pieces that I fell in love with when I bought, but have been sitting in the back of the closet unworn, and despite my many purges, couldn't bear to part with them (I hope I have enough pieces!). So this weekend I'll catch up with the rest of my outfits from this week and start fresh Monday.
I have to say, I'm pretty excited! Would anyone care to join me in this challenge?
cardigan - Suzy Shier (2008)
skinnies - Gap (summer 2010)
heels - Spring (summer 2010)
1. What do you think are some of the top fashion don’ts? Birkenstocks and socks! It took me a while, and I have come to admire the socks/strappy sandals combo and those brave enough to wear it, but please not with your birks.
Also, leggings/tights with tight shirts or tops that don't cover your hips/butt.... it's about proportion.. and honestly, I don't want to see your wedgies & camel toes.
2. What previous fashion don’t do you now wear with pride? Similar to ModlyChic, I love rocking the black and brown! White after labour day, and that whole "blue & green should never be seen"... blue and green look GREAT together!
3. Do you think there is a universal fashion do? Yes, universally flattering is playing with proportion: a fuller skirt, a slimmer top; skinny jeans, somethign with more volume/longer on top. Not everyone looks good in all baggy or all super fitted... unless of course you're a size 0. Then you can wear whatever you want.
4. What items lately, either recently in style or coming in now, do you think should never make it off the retail shelves? I'm actually partial to a lot of the fall trends. But you can see my above comment for my hate of people wearing tights as pants. NOT PANTS!
5. In your opinion, is there any blogger, fashion icon, celebrity who some how manages to pull off some fashion don’ts and still look good? Julia @ SongoftheExile can wear ANYTHING and look good. I swear, if you handed her an old tablecloth she'd find a way to rock it.