Friday, September 24, 2010

I'm up to the Challenge!


So the weather channel predicted 27C and sunny today... yeah.. not gonna happen. Way to get my hopes up Mr. Weather Man!
Either way I'm thankful it's Friday. While I'm glad I've been busy, I could definitely use a break and a sleep-in.
Also! I've taken your advice, and next week will be my "Loved & Forgotten Challenge!" I'll be styling outfits around pieces that I fell in love with when I bought, but have been sitting in the back of the closet unworn, and despite my many purges, couldn't bear to part with them (I hope I have enough pieces!). So this weekend I'll catch up with the rest of my outfits from this week and start fresh Monday.
I have to say, I'm pretty excited! Would anyone care to join me in this challenge?

tank - Dynamite (summer 2010)
cardigan - Suzy Shier (2008)
skinnies - Gap (summer 2010)
heels - Spring (summer 2010)

It's also Friend Friday courtesy of ModlyChic!

1. What do you think are some of the top fashion don’ts? Birkenstocks and socks! It took me a while, and I have come to admire the socks/strappy sandals combo and those brave enough to wear it, but please not with your birks.
Also, leggings/tights with tight shirts or tops that don't cover your hips/butt.... it's about proportion.. and honestly, I don't want to see your wedgies & camel toes.

2. What previous fashion don’t do you now wear with pride? Similar to ModlyChic, I love rocking the black and brown! White after labour day, and that whole "blue & green should never be seen"... blue and green look GREAT together!

3. Do you think there is a universal fashion do? Yes, universally flattering is playing with proportion: a fuller skirt, a slimmer top; skinny jeans, somethign with more volume/longer on top. Not everyone looks good in all baggy or all super fitted... unless of course you're a size 0. Then you can wear whatever you want.

4. What items lately, either recently in style or coming in now, do you think should never make it off the retail shelves? I'm actually partial to a lot of the fall trends. But you can see my above comment for my hate of people wearing tights as pants. NOT PANTS!

5. In your opinion, is there any blogger, fashion icon, celebrity who some how manages to pull off some fashion don’ts and still look good? Julia @ SongoftheExile can wear ANYTHING and look good. I swear, if you handed her an old tablecloth she'd find a way to rock it.


7 comments:

  1. I agree with all your answers to these questions!!
    I'm sooo glad that you're going to do a challenge...best of luck with that! I would totally love to join you, but unfortunatly most of my clothes is packed away for moving...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the challenge! I'd do it with you but I tend to get rid of stuff if I'm not wearing it. Too little space to store things these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't do black and brown! Alright, how about tonight I will try with a black dress/brown belt combination?

    Glad to hear your refreshed outlook on the current style rut! Okay, how about this, if you see anything you like, you can pick it up and you can restyle it! The only thing is that, I may have bigger sizes than yours!

    besos,

    ML
    20 YORK STREET

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weatherman totally led me astray today as well! The colour of your tank is gorgeous on you. I also am not a fan of people wearing leggings as pants. It just leaves too little to the imagination for my liking! But I wear black and brown together almost every day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. See you at the National Women's Show Mel! Yup, he is Hot!

    xox,

    http://twentyyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the sweet comment! & that sounds like such a cool challenge - I would participate, but most of the items in my closet that fall into that category are ones I loved but don't currently (ahem) fit as well as they did when I bought them, or I bought them thinking that one day they'd look amazing... so, this would be a very unflattering challenge for me to participate in! Looking forward to seeing what you find, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been doing an "Unworns" challenge all month! It must be the fall clean our your closet season that's got us all inspired. My challenge is just winding down and I found a lot of clothing items that I have purchased still remain unworn.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel free to leave comments in English, Spanish, French or Italian :)