Friday, December 3, 2010

Friend Friday & Fifteen

Friend Friday: Burn Out Baby

1. How many hours a week do you spend blogging? Has that number changed since you started blogging?
Actually BLOGGING, not nearly enough, especially lately, but my number of posts have increased since I first started... I've just been swamped with life these past few weeks, but it happens!
As far as READING blogs, its pretty much on a continuous basis during the day... It's my way of winding down, and I love it. I would estimate 15-20 hours a week... sometimes a lot more haha.

2. There is always more you can do, write, read, comment on... how do you limit your time spent on these tasks?
I admit, I read blogs at work. I try to give myself a good 15 minutes for every couple of hours, so I don't have a LOT of time to leave as many comments as I'd like, but I try! I always tell myself I'll get back to them on the weekends, but they end up being way too busy. Surprisingly I get most of my blog related things done on the clock.

3. Have you experienced Blogger burnout yet? How have you dealt with that?
Oh Yes. In fact, I feel like I'm nearing it now.. but more to do with the fact that nothing fits anymore so getting dressed is frustrating rather than being bored of the actual blogging community. Challenges usually lift me out of this funk like my "Loved & Forgotten" Challenge, but until I add to my wardrobe (which is against 30x30 rules) I don't see this one lifting in a hurry.

4. This time of the year is always a lot busier than any other time. Will your blogging change as a result?
It already has :( But I will get back to a much more normal routine once work slows down and I get some boxing day shopping done to fill the new holes in my wardrobe!

5. Could you forsee a moment in which you are not blogging anymore? How would you identify that it's time to walk away?
At this point in time, definitely not. It's a hobby I've stuck with MUCH longer than any other I've taken up on a lark. And the blogging community makes me feel so warm & fuzzy inside!! I feel like I've made some genuine friends, which is something that doesn't come easily. I don't see myself being able to walk away without some serious withdrawal! To quote an overly-played, famous-for-talk-singing-and-autotune-and-not-much-else-dumpster-diver, "your love is my drug." haha.

As always, thank you ModlyChic for putting this together!

And now an outfit that I'm not overly proud of, but hey, i'm no quitter! I'll make it through all 30!
5. tunic - ebay (2010)
10. cardigan - Urban Behaviour (2010)
20. jeans - Smart Set (2008)
27. ankle boots - Spring (2010)

.. and yes, i realize I'm in socks... but the boots were part of the outfit, removed for the indoors.


And this is me enjoying some delicious BBIWM (pronounced bih-youm). Banana bread infused with mango, My cousin's creation, at a family get together.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your answers! Very interesting to read more about other bloggers!! And I love those jeans!! Super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Matt, those are some great jeans. I don't wear them often, but if and when I do I'd like them to fit in the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome jeans! You can do it, Lady! (Btw, I need a piece of that bread... for science.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading your last post, I am happy to read that you aren't quitting. You've hit the midpoint....maybe inspiration will hit for the rest of the challenge. Look at other people's pages, maybe something will inspire you!

    Also, that bread sounds delicious.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel free to leave comments in English, Spanish, French or Italian :)