Saturday, December 11, 2010

2/3 of the way done, and a Friend Friday... er.. Saturday.

Before I start this week's Friend Friday (erm... Saturday), I just want to take a moment to say a sincere thank you to all my readers. This week has been particularly tough on me, but you all know just how to bring a smile to my face! It was all your wonderful comments that kept me going and made me feel good about myself when I was not in a good place. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Coincidentally, making connections is also this week's topic.
(thank you ModlyChic!)

1. How important do you think reader connectedness is to the success your blog?

Obviously very. I believe its the connections we make with others that makes blogging such a worthwhile experience. That being said, I don't believe it's the only driver of success. If it was all about how nice we are we'd all have hundreds of followers. Content is also super important. Variety, a sense of newness, and engagement are also equally important. You have to have something that makes readers want to come back over and over. I'm still working on it...

2. What do you do to draw readers in and create that writer-reader bond?
This is still something I struggle with, I think. I do participate actively in the blogging community, and I think that helps, but I also feel as if I should be more creative in the ways that I do so. Obviously Friend Fridays help with that.

3. What is one way you could improve this connection?
I think I should make more of an effort to get REAL feedback. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love hearing that I look great and that the outfits I put together are pretty, but I want to make more of an effort to have everyone engage in constructive criticisms. I know there are many things I can work on still as I am fairly new to this. More polls, opinion seeking, and maybe a few little contests (based around outfit creation), would really help other feel engaged in my blogging process.

4. Is there a blogger you think does a great job creating that writer-reader bond? Why?
There are SO MANY of you who are complete and total sweethearts! You're all pretty wonderful! Marilou of Twenty York Street is the first name that jumps out at me for going above and beyond though. She always leaves super sweet, heartfelt comments, and even makes special little posts every so often to let us know how important we all are.

5. What do you do to cultivate new readers? How do you get them to your site in the first place?
I'm such a blog stalker. I'm regularly on the look out for new writers/photographers/stylistas that catch my eye. Recently Kendi's 30 for 30 blogroll has been a great source for this. I believe that engaging with others on their blog helps to draw them to my own blog. IF anyone has any other idea on how to generate traffic though, I'm always open to suggestions!

Now, since I'm so far behind:

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. REAL feedback is so much more meaningful than just a "cute outfit". Your outfit is cute, though ;)
    I'm a blog stalker, too- or I was for like a year before this 30 challenge. It has encouraged me to comment on things that I like on other blogs. I know now how nice it is to hear from readers, so I have stepped up my commenting for others.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel free to leave comments in English, Spanish, French or Italian :)