Sunday, January 16, 2011

Looking to the Future


Overwhelmed.
One word that can describe the next few months perfectly.
Not only am I working a full time 9-5 job, but I now have classes from 9-5 every Saturday too. I know it's for my future, but knowing I have to put 10-20 hours of studying a week into my schedule has me a little down. I love my down time, but it will be minimal for the next 7 months.
In a way it's a good thing, less time to be alone with my thoughts, it will keep me busy. but on the other hand, it leaves far less time for things that I enjoy.
Ah well, the things we do to get ahead.


sweater dress - Xmas gift from the MIL (2010)
skinnies - Gap (2010)
heels - Aldo (2010)
necklace - Ardene (2010)

6 comments:

  1. That's great that you are continuing your education. I was doing the full time work & part time school thing too. It's tough, but you're right when you say it's worth it. Good luck. & if you need to vent, I will understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love me some (or a looot) of downtime too! I totally understand how you feel hence, I'm hesitating of going for a post-grad ed.

    What are you taking hun?

    Stay Happy and Positive!

    besos,

    ML


    20 YORK STREET

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look :)

    What are you taking classes for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is hard but you're investing in your future. It'll pay off.

    Meanwhile, you're wearing a cute sweater-dress! I love the buttons. And your heels are very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy girl-I don't think I could work f/t and study as well! You look great- I have the same heels (great minds think alike!) xo P.S. We're having another Ottawa fashion blogger get-together soon- it would be great if you could come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Before you know it - it will all be over.
    I can totally relate, I got my MBA while working full time 8-5 . I took my classes on Saturdays from 7am to 5pm- It was horrendous.- After almost 2 years it was over.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel free to leave comments in English, Spanish, French or Italian :)