Happy New Year All!!
While we're all making some New Year's Resolutions, this has held true for the FFBF community in terms of our blogs. Here are this week's questions & answers:
1. What's the one thing you vow to learn or do in 2011 to improve your blog?
Two things actually! I want to take a photography course at the School of Photographic Arts here in Ottawa. Unfortunatly the January-March classes are full so I can't start til May :(
Secondly, I hope to *finally* learn a little xhtml. I have some pretty creative layout ideas and what not but NO IDEA how to put it into action.
2. What did you learn about blogging in 2010 that you plan to put into practice next year?
Be Original & True to Yourself. I'm never going to be one of those picture perfect, artsy, modelesque bloggers who seem to have professional photogs on hand, but I can still be interesting!
3. Do you have any high-level goals for your blog in the coming year? Monetization? More comments? More connections with other bloggers? A new template?
I'd love to have more local traffic. Not that I don't LOVE YOU ALL (you make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!), but I'd like to celebrate my city a little more, and maybe turn on some locals to some unique experiences that Ottawa has to offer.... and who knows? Could be useful tips should you all ever decide to play tourist up here!
4. If you could collaborate with one other blogger within your sphere of influence in 2011, who would you like to collaborate with and what would you like to collaborate on?
Hmmmm... never really thought about it. There are a LOT of amazing bloggers out there, but I don't know if I'm at the level yet where I could consider collaborations... lets start with a few guest posts first, hmm?
5. What do you plan to do to support other bloggers next year?
I know many blogs already have a "blogger spotlight" of some sort, but I'd like to try that out too I think... I'm just not sure which perspective I'm going to take yet. We'll see how that one develops!
ALSO! Unrelated, but excited to get it out there: I was considering having an Ottawa Clothing Swap... would anyone be interested?