Monday, November 16, 2009

wasting time...

I SHOULD be working on my social movement project for my politics, poverty and protest class... but i've been procrastinating horribly. Me? Procrastinate? I know, shocker, right?
So I thought I'd post some pics from last week that I never got around to.

Necklace - Vintage Thrift (Sympathy for the Rebel, Peterborough, ON) ($8)
Dress - Charlotte Russe ($29)
Belt - Dynamite ($8)
Tights - F21 ($8)
Boots - Lime Light ($39)

I love the chandelier style of this piece, and the store I bought it at was amazing. There are not a lot of recognizable retail stores for clothing in Peterborough, and the closest mall that is relatively decent is 45 minutes away, but there are an abundance of super cute independent shops, and this one is a prime example. Located in the downtown core, Sympathy for the Rebel is a sort of classier version of your common thrift store. If you're looking for bling, leather, fur, a fabulous vintage bag or hat, go here first. The staff is super sweet too and I'll definitely be heading back.

And just for the fun of it...
While raking leaves with Circle K last weekend, I realized that this is, indeed the best way to open those gigantic paper lawn waste bags..... after 90+ bags, we would be the experts you know :)

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel free to leave comments in English, Spanish, French or Italian :)