Monday was the bf's 26th birthday so I had to make him his favorite dessert - cheesecake.
I swear, there wasn't actually anything orange in the cake. My camera is strange some times.
People think cheesecake is intimidating, but I assure you it's a piece of cake. Pun intended.
For the crust:
1 1/2 cup of crushed craham crackers
1/2 cup of sugar
4 tbsp melted butter
For the Cheesecake:
3 sticks of cream cheese
1 cup of sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup of cocoa powder or hot chocolate mix
- Mix together all the ingredients for the crust and press into the bottom and one inch up the sides of an 8" or 9" springform pan.
- Cream together the sugar and cream cheese. (Don't skip this step or your cheesecake will be lumpy!)
- Add in the eggs one at a time and then the vanilla and mix it real good.
- Pour half to 3/4 of the batter into your pan.
- Mix in your chocolatey goodness to the remaining batter and then pour that on top.
- Swirl with a knife to get a ribbon-esque look.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees until the edges are firm but the middle is slightly jiggly still.
And voila! In less than an hour you have a gigantic piece of deliciousness to enjoy :)