Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Britain's Most Beautiful Face

How's this for a definition of Beauty?

"A woman's face is said to be most attractive when the space between her pupils is just under half the width of her face from ear to ear. [...] Experts also believe the relative distance between eyes and mouth should be just over a third of the measurement from hairline to chin." 


"The 18-year-old student is blessed with what is described as the perfect face. It matches an international blueprint for the optimum ratio between eyes, mouth, forehead and chin, endowing her with flawless proportions. [...] And to top it off, Florence's face is almost perfectly symmetrical, which is also scientifically linked with beauty."
 
This Daily Mail article caught my eye this morning. 

Don't get me wrong - she's a stunner - but I was always led to believe that beauty can be found in the differences and imperfections. Julia Roberts' mouth, Tina Fey's scar, Jewel's crooked teeth...
"perfect proportions" - could this be another way the media is setting an unachievable standard for beauty? 

Thoughts?

Read the whole article here:


8 comments:

  1. She looks gorgeous... but I think perfection is boring, I find beauty in the weirest things and places. I totally agree with you, I love imperfections and diferences :D
    xoxo
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. She's beautiful, but there are plenty of others who may not have the "perfect" face who are just as beautiful if not more than her.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfection doesn't mean beautiful.

    From Paris with love!
    Kristina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your truly wonderful comments on my blog, Melrose! (I left a reply for you) Am now following you back :)

    Hmm facial beauty is a strange one... I read a similar article quite a few years ago that said Amber Valetta had the most beautiful face for the same sorts of reasons - large eyes and full lips like a baby, and perfectly symmetrical. It really is in the eye of the beholder... I find I often think someone is less attractive (in my eyes) if I've seen them on TV and don't take to their personality - it totally influences my opinion of their "beauty"!! It works the other way too, for someone with the most gorgeous personality who I hadn't thought of as attractive before.

    Catherine x
    http://notdressedaslamb.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I AM KIND OF late on this but I just read about it today.... i think people are too focused on "measuring" and giving pointers as to what beauty should be. It's all very personal, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    There is no ugly child for a mother, they say :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel free to leave comments in English, Spanish, French or Italian :)