Friday, April 15, 2011

I'm addicted to the way I feel when I think of you... too much green to feel blue.

Getting back in the dating game after being in a long term relationship is both exciting and scary.

Do I look okay? Does he think I’m laughing too much? Can he tell I’m nervous? Will I have unexplainable bouts of verbal diarrhea?

We take for granted the ease of conversation in an established relationship, but that like anything else will become easier once the initial “getting to know you” phase has passed. My evening was both awkward and awesome as Sydney would say. Awkward: the amount of gutterballs I rolled during the first game. Awesome: The way he smiled and laughed with me every time it happened. Awkward: Not knowing whether to high five or hug after an amazing strike. Awesome: Getting both. Awkward: Sitting with the elderly in the bowling alley lounge for lack of a better place to go. Awesome: Getting so lost in conversation you fail to notice the staff starting to close up around you. Awkward: First goodbyes. Awesome: An all too sweet goodbye kiss.

Here’s to many more awkward/awesome dates in my future. It's good to be back in the game. Whether this one works, or I get to have a few more firsts with someone new, I'm sure it will be quite the experience.



2011-04-12(2)
2011-04-12

cardigan - BCBG (2009)
dress - Winners (2011)

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh young love. What an exciting time! I love being in a relationship, but I have to admit: the first stage of the romance game is always the sweetest. Good luck!! If you show up looking like this on your dates, I'm sure you'll have success in no time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww wishing you the utmost best. Bowling sounds like a blast. Even with the gutter balls. You look super cute in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good or bad, we have to enjoy everything to the tiniest pieces! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beginning of a relationship IS an exciting and awkward time. Enjoy every minute of it! :)

    Love this dress!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!
Feel free to leave comments in English, Spanish, French or Italian :)